1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

VentureOne Hybrid/All-EV 3-Wheel Vehicle

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by kinghuang, Feb 16, 2007.

1. kinghuang

kinghuang Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I just saw a posting on Gizmodo about the VentureOne Hybrid or All-Electric vehicle. It looks like it would make an interesting commuter vehicle! The all electric version is apparently going to go for $23,000 with a 120 mile range and speeds up to 75 mph.

There's some more information on this web site.

2. SomervillePrius

SomervillePrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    If they release it as a 120 mile EV then it will be a very interesting commuter "car". If thy can keep the price around $20k then I would consider one!

3. dipper

dipper Senior Member

Hey... I always wanted a Carver on US shore.

Here is my chance, assuming it ever comes out.

Now, should I get all EV or hybrid version. B)

4. jgills240

jgills240 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dipper @ Feb 19 2007, 02:43 AM) [snapback]392745[/snapback]</div>

Well, you already have one hybrid. who needs another!?

I saw the test drive video, and it's pretty ugly. at least compared to the 'concept art' one. it ruined it for me. maybe also because it was bright orange.....

5. dipper

dipper Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jgills240 @ Feb 18 2007, 11:59 PM) [snapback]392748[/snapback]</div>
    Well... the Prius... you cannot plug it in... :lol:

In the SF Bay Area, there are so many great roads that I would drive for more than a 100 miles... if not use as a commuter. But if it is for pure commuting, I would love the EV only though.

And the videos are all of the original Carver, from the Neitherlands, that the tilting technology they are licensing from. So what are you worry about the "concept art"?

6. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    read the Strategic Partners section. very nice.

7. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Oh great. Another EV designed in Europe but only available in the USA.

Are these people all mad?

8. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    the parent company is based in LA, CA. There are about 8 companies assisting in production and publications. BMW ( for example ) is from europe. If it catches on here, they will be able to afford to bring it to Europe. (even though it will sale better there)

9. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, but the fundamental vehicle design comes from Carver Engineering in Europe. It's effectively the US version of the Carver One. Over here in Europe, we solely get a petrol-only version.

The price quoted for the VentureOne is curiously low. Carver's estimate of a US price was $45,000; it costs over $50,000 in Britain.

10. kinghuang

kinghuang Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SomervillePrius @ Feb 18 2007, 06:33 PM) [snapback]392792[/snapback]</div>
    That's what I'm thinking. The hybrid version doesn't interest me too much, considering I already have a Prius. But, an all-electric vehicle with a 120 mile range for commuting would be something! I'd be willing to pay  around $20K for that. Together with the Prius, it makes a perfect combo for me.

11. ALoLA

ALoLA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I'd consider this VentureOne as well, if they keep it under $20k. :)

12. jgills240

jgills240 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dipper @ Feb 19 2007, 03:51 AM) [snapback]392756[/snapback]</div>

well it's the concept art that looks sweet. That's what ruined the chunky orange thing in the video for me. but until something else with that kind of range comes along looking better, I guess I'll just have to get one.... The toyota personal mobility device is pretty interesting looking. if they could get 120 mi range on electric in that, I'd write a check now!

13. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I'd be very interested. If it existed. It looks like another concept car that we may be able to buy "some day." I'd be more interested in something with enough cargo space to bring home the groceries. And I'd rather have side-by-side seats than front and back. But for me it's mainly a question of which of these promised EVs comes out first. (And for me, I would not even consider the hybrid. Gotta be 100% electric.) But, yes, this is another of those "If it was on a car lot in Spokane today, I'd buy it today."