1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

VentureShield Clear Bra

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Warwind, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Warwind

Warwind New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I made an appointment for this Wednesday (11/8) to have a VentureShield clear bra put on my new '07 Touring at Lehigh Autobody in Dulles, VA. The gentleman I spoke with said they were doing a Prius as we spoke--I wonder if it belongs to anyone who's on this board? If so, did they do a good job? (he asked nervously)

He also mentioned they were getting a new type of material in this week. One that has clearcoating on it and is supposed to be even better than the original, so that's what I'll be getting.

From what I've been reading about this stuff both here and on other sites, there really aren't any issues to worry about. Still, I was wondering if there was anyone here who's had any issues with it. I've already got one small stone chip on my front bumper after only 4 days; don't want any more.

Thanks!

2. grasshopper

grasshopper Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Warwind @ Nov 3 2006, 02:15 PM) [snapback]343370[/snapback]</div>

I have VentureShield 12 mil. Love it! :)

3. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    What kind of price are they charging?

4. amtrak115

amtrak115 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    It was my Prius they were doing....I got the "Standard" package (8 Mil thick) on mine. (Front Bumper, hood, fenders to the top of the headlights, headlights and front of rear view mirrors) They did an excellent job. I'm very pleased. I'm now thinking about adding a 6-8" sheet across the top of the roof right where the roof meets the windshield.

5. amtrak115

amtrak115 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JimboK @ Nov 3 2006, 07:41 PM) [snapback]343568[/snapback]</div>
    $565 installation and taxes.....

6. Warwind

Warwind New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JimboK @ Nov 3 2006, 07:41 PM) [snapback]343568[/snapback]</div>
    They quoted me $550 plus tax for the whole thing, which probably will add up to $565. I called another place first that wanted $750... :blink:

Amtrak, how long did they take to do your car? I'm driving in from WV, so I'll have to wait there...

7. amtrak115

amtrak115 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Warwind @ Nov 3 2006, 10:03 PM) [snapback]343617[/snapback]</div>
    dropped my car off early...(before they opened, on my way to work)...Called at 1:00 pm and they were about to wash the car.....so it was probably done by 2...not exactly sure when they started. I too called another place...$950...that was 3M application....

If you looking for a distraction...the Air and Space Museum is not far away...

8. Warwind

Warwind New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(amtrak115 @ Nov 3 2006, 10:33 PM) [snapback]343629[/snapback]</div>
    Maybe they'll let me hover over them, offering advice and pointing out air bubbles as they do the install. :lol:

I was going to bring my laptop with me and play games, but the museum sounds cool; thanks!

9. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I live in New Jersey, so I don't have experience with the installer you're using. I had a clear bra put on my car, and they quoted me 2.5 hours. I had to wait, and it was done in 2 hours 25 minutes.

My car was nearly 6 months old before I even could find an installer close to my home. I had a few chips on my front bumper. They were able to buff them out, I'm happy to say.

10. HokieHybrid

HokieHybrid New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Wow...nice work finding that price in Northern VA...I ended up getting mine done in Radford to get that price. Let me kwow how it turns out...I'd love to get the rear bumper done...had a minor misunderstanding with my installer and he didn't get that I meant the WHOLE rear bumper, not just the top of it.

11. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hhmm, just might be worth the trip up from the Richmond area. I've been wanting to visit the Air & Space Museum anyway.

12. Warwind

Warwind New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I just got back from having the film installed. It took them 3.5 hours to do it, and they did a great job. The installer seemed to know what he was doing. No air bubbles I can see, and the material is practically invisible.

It's rainy today, so all I'm thinking on the white-knuckle drive home is that they stuck plastic film to the front of my car with water, and now I'm driving home 65 mph in the pouring rain, and they stuff is just going to fly right off any minute. But it didn't.

I stopped at the auto parts store on the way home and picked up a bottle of Mcguire's liquid car wax, which is what they recommend. Paste wax will apparently get stuck in the seams between the car and the film and look bad.

So an all-around thumbs up on everything so far. :)