1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

VentureShield Clearbra Installed

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by JimN, Aug 26, 2007.

1. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I made an appointment with armortec two weeks ago to have VentureShield installed on the Prius. I bought the bumper, hood, and lights packages. "Reno" will travel to your place (for a fee) if you have a garage. I don't have the facilities and thought it best to go to his place.

The day started very early with a 90 minute drive across the state to Monmouth Beach for an arrival tme of 7:30. The work started with a car wash. Once prepped and clean he started affixing the pieces which slid into place without much trouble. After watching for a bit I took advantage of Linda's hospitality and went inside to watch TV and take a nap. Four hours later the car is done and it looks great. The headlights are completely covered. The hood is covered about halfway and the fenders are covered about up to the line of the headlights. It takes a couple of days for the film to cure and for the water trapped under the film to evaporate. Depending on the angle of the light sometimes the edges are visible, other times they are invisible.

"Reno" and Linda run a very professional business and are very hospitable. They are located very close to the beach which is a plus with good weather. The first trip of the next car would definitely be to them.

2. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    So..... you gonna post a photo? :D

3. moshe_levy

moshe_levy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Was considering the same when my '08 arrives. Dealer has a 3M guy who installs there, vs. the Clearbra at the place you described. Any reason to consider 3M over Clearbra?

-MKL

4. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rae Vynn @ Aug 27 2007, 04:41 PM) [snapback]502872[/snapback]</div>
    It's clear plastic. There isn't anything to see. www.ventureshield.com shows the patterns, a demo, and some pics.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(moshe_levy @ Aug 27 2007, 06:00 PM) [snapback]502901[/snapback]</div>
    What does the 3M cost? From what I read the 3M plastic is thinner and less durable.