1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

VentureShield Paint Protection

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Kcissem, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Kcissem

Kcissem New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I took the plunge and scheduled an appointment to have My brand new Prius detailed including machine buffing and polishing then to have the Ventureshield Paint Protection film installed for a total of 600 dollars. Is $600 a good price for a car detail and Ventureshield installation(detail was 85 dollars, venturshield was 499 dollars)? ANy one experienced with ventureshield, how well is it working for you guys?

2. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Personally I think you are wasting your money. A good waxing every so often is more than enough.

3. Kcissem

Kcissem New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

when you drive everyday on a major freeway back and forth to work a good waxing more often than not will not doing any good for the type of dings/chips/or scratches you will get especially when about half of that freeway travel is under contruction for bridge/intersection improvements.

4. khooper

khooper New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    paint protection has been extremely worthwhile, and it doesn't have to be expensive. If you want to protect your investment, I seriously recommend you look into paint protection, and if you are on a budget DIY kits are the way to go.

5. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    OK, I have watched some of the installation training videos, and I think I could install the film, but I think a professional installation will end up looking better then my first attempt. By professional, I mean anyone who does it every week, has done 10 or more cars, has pride in their work, and perhaps a good mentor available.

So, I was looking in to the paint protection today with a well known shop that services all the local dealers. They would use Ventureshield, as I understand it, the latest and a thicker film that won't yellow or anything. I talked to the guy about not liking the ridge seam where the film goes part way up the hood, and he said the hood is small enough he could do the whole thing.

Thing is, I have about 40 rock chips on my 2007 Prius bumper and 2 really big ugly ones on the hood. The guy said I would have to have two exposed edges on the fenders, and I said I would just skip the fenders becausee I havn't had any rock chips on the fenders of my 2007, and I would rather have one or two rock chips than the edge line going across the whole fender. He would do the mirrors, and center loading area of the back bumper, and all the door handle wells which I might alos pass on due to the smart key system and light touch it acutally take to open the doors. Total cost is $625 but for $100 more, $725, they would include a high quality carbon fiber 45 percent tint on side and rear windows which I figure is a $220 value. They said they would add black vinyl over my black and blue Toyota T Emblems inserts for no extra cost.

They also would provide a Hertz rental car for the day in the total $725 price, so what do you all think about $725 for full hood, bumper and mirror paint protection, carbon fiber window with Hertz rental car for a day?

Good value?

What do you think about

What d

6. NoMoShocks

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Delete duplicate post.

7. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Since you asked :_> I think $625 for pure aesthetics is not worth it. The bumper and hood cannot rust. The same money will buy a lot of touchup paint pens.

2 people like this.
  8. NoMoShocks

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    That has kind of been my thinking, but blobs from touch up pens don't look that great. I will ponder a while longer. When dealers originally started offering me paint protection of the front of the car for $1200, I just said I would have the whole front of the car professionally repainted when it got bad enought. Still pretty much the case at $600 I guess.

9. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Get the fenders & doors covered as well. I've got more hairline scratches on the front fenders than I can count and the right rear door is taking a beating from my passenger. My touch up of a vertical sratch is invisible but the chips are a different story. How bad do you want the finish to look when you sell or trade the car?