1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ver.A Rear Spoiler

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by TheForce, Jul 14, 2006.

1. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just received the Ver. A rear spoiler. I will be putting it on monday or tuesday. I'm posting the instructions in case anyone needs them. They are in Japanese and I don't need them translated but an English translation would be nice if someone would do that. If you could just do the translation I could photoshop the document.

From the looks of the instructions it requires drilling for the installation. I'm guessing this was for the Japanese Prius because I think they don't come with a spoiler down there on the stock Prius where in the USA it comes stock. Please correct me if i'm wrong. So this should just be a direct replacement with no drilling involved. Other than that it looks simple. :D :unsure:

Ver. A Rear Spoiler Japanese

I will post installation tips and photos when I get it installed. IF I don't get sick again. I shouldn't because this is not a vacation day. I only get sick on vacations. :angry:

2. Cheap!

Cheap! New Member

Do you think you have anything to worry about with the exhaust gasses? Have you given any thought about modifying your tailpipe before you do the install?

3. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There is no need to modify the exhaust. This is a direct replacement for the current lower rear spoiler. The only difference is that the stock spoiler is black and my new on is barcelona red.

4. Cheap!

Cheap! New Member

Any paint in your future?

Never mind! I just reread this and I understood it better the second time. It must be late.

5. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just finished my install. It was not that hard. The only hard part was working in 95 degree heat and putting the rear bumper cover back on. This was a direct replacement and I did not even have to use any of the new bolts, brackets, and plugs that came with it.

This will finish my out side appearance mods. I've been thinking about a sharkfin antenna but haven't decided on one yet. I need to wait and see what my in car computer will all have before I get one. The other thing I thought about getting was the version A side skirts. The only problem with those would be that the front mud guards would not fit and I would rather have the mudguards. I'm also thinking about getting the Touring Selection rims. But I currently have my cool racing caps and I don't want to get rid of those for a while. Maybe when its time for new tires I will get the rims. :D

And the pictures

The original spoiler
    [​IMG]

Bumper cover removed
    [​IMG]

Bumper cover removed
    [​IMG]

Inside of the bumper cover
    [​IMG]

Inside of the bumper cover
    [​IMG]

New spoiler installed
    [​IMG]

And a picture of my parents Yaris. :) ;)
    [​IMG]

6. Cheap!

Cheap! New Member

Very Sharp!

Nice look!