1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

verbal commands

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Theone2, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Theone2

Theone2 New Member

I apologize if this is listed in another forum that I haven't seen, but does someone have a list of all verbal commands for the 2006 Prius? Including to but not limited to NAV, Radio, CD, A/C, etc..

Nevermind I found it.

Attached Files:

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Here's mine.

You'll see that the commands are grouped into Nav, Stereo, Climate, etc. Also, the format is such that they are designed to be printed double-sided and stapled together to make a little book. Don't leave home without it.

Attached Files:

3. Alnilam

Alnilam The One in the Middle

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Oct 26 2006, 11:02 AM) [snapback]338709[/snapback]</div>
    I don't find that the commands work very well. Yesterday I tried to give a demo. I said "70 degrees," and the computer echoed back, "Setting 78 degrees." Then I tried the world famous, "I'm hungry." It responded that this command wouldn't work until I deleted a POI. I have no idea what that meant. I gave up.

4. kfarad

kfarad Junior Member

Wouldn't it be cool if you could program custom commands?

Like...

"Shut Up" Instead of "Suspend Guidance"

5. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alnilam @ Oct 29 2006, 02:07 AM) [snapback]340207[/snapback]</div>
    Mine likes to respond with: "showing sports arenas" or something of that kind. It's become a standard joke when we us the NAV system. I get it when I use a non-recognized command; must be something about my northern speach pattern. :D

Tom

6. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alnilam @ Oct 29 2006, 01:07 AM) [snapback]340207[/snapback]</div>
    There is a learning process with the commands - and I'm talking about the computer's learning process. Sometimes I think I'm trying too hard to enunciate or I'm speaking too loudly into the microphone. A couple confused replies doesn't keep me from using them.

About the POI reply. Here's what that meant (I think):
    To avoid completely overwhelming the screen with icons, the NAV has a limit of icon categories it will display. I want to say six different categories, but don't have the manual in front of me to verify. When you said, "I'm hungry" the reply from the NAV you expected was, "system is showing restaurant icons." It sounds to me as though you might had already reached the limit of icon categories you can display at any one time. Therefore, the NAV was unable to ad one more icon category. The reply you received, telling you to remove a few icons would make sense in this situation. To verify my guess, check the NAV manual.

7. Alnilam

Alnilam The One in the Middle

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Oct 29 2006, 08:16 AM) [snapback]340265[/snapback]</div>
    OK, I'll look at the book harder. The only personal POIs I have are "Home" and "School." I don't use the GPS much for directions. It's just there telling me where I am. I confess, I haven't put in what I suspect is a bunch of time to get into the subtleties of the system. Thank, Tony.

Gotta get out and finish the DICE install using no help from DICE and not-entirely-applicable info concerning the VAIS installation. I think I have enough help from here to get it going, then I'll re-write the procedure a little to include DICE with XM already installed.