1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Verizon E815 success

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Renocat, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Renocat

Renocat Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have searched the forum on all possible combinations of keywords for several hours tonight and have been unable to find the answer to this.

I have a Verizon E815 that I hacked to enable OBEX. THe phone paired with my Prius with no problem. I can take and make calls. The phone rings and the car rings through the speaker.

I attempted to transfer the phone book. I can get as far as selecting transfer on the car and then the phone displays, "Prius disconnected" (I changed the name of the handsfree device to Prius) and the car screen sets at transfer in progress (or something like that ) and nothing every happens. I can go to the contacts on my phone and select send and the display blinks realy quick then nothing.

Has anyone gotten contact to transfer from the E815 after doing a seem edit? I know I can't do the whole phonebook at once but I thought someone here had gotten them to transfer one at a time.

2. Jennjay

Jennjay Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    As far as I know Verizon disables this ability on all their phones, my wife has an E815 and it makes and receives calls great, but we are unable to transfer phonebook. To my knowledge the OBEX hacks do not work.

3. wstander

wstander New Member

The only way that I trnsferred the E815 was using a bluetooth laptop and cross pairing the E815 and the Outlook Express.

search on Verizon or V710 there is a how-to on making it work

4. Renocat

Renocat Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jennjay @ Jul 26 2006, 09:15 PM) [snapback]292901[/snapback]</div>
    I know it is disabled...that is what the seem edit is supposed to do. I think the firmware update that Verizon had me do today disabled it again. I will keep searching. ;)

5. Syclone

Syclone Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Renocat @ Jul 26 2006, 10:02 PM) [snapback]292930[/snapback]</div>
    OPP (object push) is also disabled on Verizon phones. I don't think this can be fixed. The funny thing is that my E815 had no trouble communicating with an IMAC at the local Apple store.

Good Luck!

6. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(syclone @ Jul 27 2006, 01:54 AM) [snapback]293052[/snapback]</div>

Bingo. The 'hack' doesn't really do much.

Simply put, the Mac is alot smarter than the Prius. It supports vCard, which is what the 815 uses and the Prius does not.

7. wstander

wstander New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vagabond @ Jul 27 2006, 02:45 AM) [snapback]293058[/snapback]</div>

Heh, my E815 can talk to my HP Pavilion running WIN XP

8. 4chi

4chi New Member

Tried to transfer my e815 phonebook last night...no dice. From reading this thread, looks like I'm SOL. Oh well, most of my calls are to wife and work, so I'll just manually input them. Otherwise, the BT connection worked perfectly.

9. inventor00

inventor00 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    If you have a Verizon phone that does not trasfer phone numbers- Another unusual way to get the phone numbers into the car - buy a Cingular Bluetooth phone, synch with computer, and use it to synch with Prius - transfering the phone book.. ...TAG had done it that way.

10. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    It doesn't have to be a Cingular BT phone. Several have bought a Sony Ericsson T68i, which works for both T-Mobile or Cingular. I got one on eBay and will try today to do a transfer (I also have the e815).

EDIT:

SUCCESS!!! It took a little bit, and I had to use extra intructions from the old database and john1701a's site, but after the dust cleared the whole phonebook was loaded. The T68i did the entire phonebook in one shot. Granted it was only 30 numbers, but it worked. :lol: BTW, while the phone did need a SIM card, it didn't have to be activated.