1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Verizon Treo 650 Update available.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by DocVijay, Oct 24, 2006.

1. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

There is a new update for the Verizon Treo 650. It says that it will improve Bluetooth for car kits. Don't know if it helps witht he Prius, but I imagine it can't get worse. I haven't tried it yet, but I will update tonight.

Verizon Treo 650 Upadte 1.05

2. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

OK, I installed this update, v.1.05, and can say that it does make a difference. It connects much faster and more reliably. The initial connection screen still is not fixed. WHen you make the connection, the car does not revert to the normal screen, and still stays on the "Making COnnection" screen even after the phone is connected. Still need to palce a call or push the Info button or something to get out of it. Also, the signal meter now works, but the battery meter still does not. Also, the phone's screen now stays off when used. Before, the screen would activate every time a call came in or went out.

Overall a great improvement. Not perfect, but better.

If you've been having issues with your Verizon Treo 650 not connecting well, or at all, get this update.

3. edayres

edayres Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DocVijay @ Oct 25 2006, 10:26 AM) [snapback]337945[/snapback]</div>
    I have Cingular and got their latest update as well but that did not solve the problem. I found the key to getting a connection was to turn on the Treo screen after the display screen in the Prius comes to life. Something happens when the Treo screen turns off that prevents it from connecting with the Bluetooth in the Prius. It works every time this way...annoying but it works.