1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Verizon's Blackberry 7130e and the Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by chrisek, Dec 11, 2005.

1. chrisek

chrisek geek

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The good news is that it works and it works well. We went on a little road trip to SoCal (read elsewhere) so I finally got some more Quality Time (QT) with our Prius.

I had just gotten the phone 2 days before and you can find plenty of information from people better informed than I over at www.howardsforums.com they are as helpful on cell phones as this site is on the Prius.

I will focus on the Prius interaction for now.

We left at 5am Friday, and I got the phone to pair but could not figure out how to send the phonebook over. "No problem", I was thinking I would just read the books again when we got in to Ramona as we were looking to get in 2 hours early and 15 minutes figuring this out would actually be a 30 minute tour of the car to our family B) , right?

Wrong, forgot the Blackberry's manual :eek: Horror of horrors! When would I get a chance to figure this out and impress my wife with the capabilities of her wonderful car so I can satiate my evil will to get her a new phone for Christmas? :blink:

So on Drive home Sunday (this morning, again a 4:30am departure) while she was sleeping I started goofballing a little bit (a very little bit on a very straight bit of I-5 with no traffic around) I was able to call out of the Prius! So, I called my father (I was going to visit him to share the photos from the family event) and I left a message on my home phone.

Here's the good news: It sounds just fine! Now about that telephone book transfer. . . . .