1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Vermont Prius mechanic who's not the dealer...?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by nednvermont, Apr 19, 2011.

1. nednvermont

nednvermont Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Am living in NW Vermont and there are many, many other Prius owners around here. I swear I see one Prius for every 10 cars... Can someone point me to a reliable mechanic in the Burlington Vermont area? My old reliable technician confessed that he's "not up to speed on the Prius", so I'll have to look elsewhere.

I have no big problems with the '07 that I've just purchased (with ~50,000 miles), though it does seem to run a bit 'rough' at higher speeds, almost like it's misfiring. Have read elsewhere here about checking oil level and it is about a third of an inch above the full level on dipstick. Any other ideas?

Thank you in advance!

2. DonDNH

DonDNH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    There are discussions under the Gen II forums that suggest that you should never have the oil higher than the full mark. IIRC overfilling causes aeration of the oil which causes it to degrade rapidly. Ususal recomendataion was to drain a bit if possible or drain and refill correctly. Again, IIRC, the full mark is about 3.75 quarts.

1 person likes this.