1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Vertical Picture Format Not Working

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by bps, Sep 17, 2009.

1. bps

bps Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Hmmm...this is frustrating. I'm writing a detailed review and when I link to photos that are in a vertical format (portrait orientation), they are being compressed vertically and the picture shows up distorted.

For example:

[​IMG]

Is there any way around this, or am I going to have to go back out and take the pictures in landscape mode?

Edit: I went back out and re-shot the pictures in landscape mode, but I'm still interested in resolving this issue in case i want to use a portrait orientation in future posts.

Thanks for the help,
    Bryan

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hi Bryan -

There is a script that limits the width of photos so as to not break the format of the whole site when people view threads with photos. I guess sometimes that leads to incorrect aspect ratios on some photos. When people click on the photos they should maximize and correctly display, though.

I'm not really sure of a way around this right now, but I will keep it in mind.

If you're writing a product review and would like to featured on the PC homepage, let me know!

Danny