1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Very expensive IPOD docking station that doesn’t work!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by cdsnoccs, May 22, 2012.

1. cdsnoccs

cdsnoccs Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I recently replaced my 2005 Prius with a 2012 Prius model III. After years of dealing with using an FM transmitter to play my IPOD (80 GB 5th generation Late 2006) through the audio system, I was looking forward to the USB connection on the 2012.

I know that others have reported the “skipping†problem (where the audio stops for several seconds before starting back up), but I noticed something else that I don’t recall reading about in those reports. On a recent trip, the skipping problem occurred 27 times within the first 30 minutes. On the 27th time the audio never resumed. After 3 miles of silence, I disconnected the IPOD and reset it. I reconnected it and the audio system recognized the IPOD and displayed the “loading†animation but never progressed beyond that point. I eventually switched to the radio for the remainder of the trip. Upon arriving at my destination I switched to the IPOD again…still perpetually loading. I powered my Prius off and back on and as one might expect the IPOD began playing through the audio system once again.

As far as the IPOD goes, I have checked the firmware level and it is at the latest (although the latest for this model is quite old). I also restored the IPOD just in case refreshing everything would make a difference. These things were done prior to the experience described above.

I have reported this to the dealer who then passed it along to Toyota. As has been reported elsewhere the dealer said that the more reports that Toyota receives the more attention the problem will receive. I also called Toyota Customer Experience and reported the problem. I would urge anyone experiencing this problem to report it to Toyota.

2. 2012CamryHybrid

2012CamryHybrid New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    FYI

There are new instructions for pairing iPhone to Toyota's EnTune posted by ToyotaUSA May 23,2012 in a new video found on youTube.

http://youtu.be/Ztoj4FIZ8x4

3. tach18k

tach18k Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    On my mdl II no nav stuff, the only time I have a problem with the iPod, is when I shut the car down while listening to the iPod. then 50% of the time it sees everything but no audio, I turn on the radio, turn off the HU, then turn it back on, then cycle to iPod and it works fine, but this issue does not affect the iPhone, never had a problem with that either USB or BT.

4. jimitoucan

jimitoucan New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I'm having problems with 2011 USB music. Play fine until I shut down the car. When I start back up it can't read the USB unless I unplug it and plug it back in. Any solutions?