1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

VERY few cars on SoCal allocation thru early Sept

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by DianneWhitmire, Aug 14, 2009.

1. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Ok, I warned you the allocations would dwindle. It's down to 321 cars on this new allocation... for the last half of this month (August, thru early Sept) and those 321 cars have to get split between 74 dealerships. It won't be an even, equal split because some stores sell more than others... but the mix is woeful. Of that 321 cars,
    19 are V package
    177 are IVs
    86 are III's
    37 and II's
    2 are I's (base cars) the "example, show cars" - not yet for sale

That's awful news for those of us who are already pretty well sold out or close to being sold out with deposits on what we've already got coming.

That said, if you're dragging your feet on a deposit with me, don't drag them any more!! Get in the line for a REAL car that you don't have to WISH was yours in September. And, if you are using the CARS clunker program, buy whatever drops into your lap that's close enough to what you want so you aren't regretting not bring able to use the CARS rebate later. You may not have the luxury of time at this point if you wish to clunk a car. If you are not disposing of a clunker, then sit back and relax, and wait till the pipeline improves.

Should you want a Camry, Corolla, certain Yaris models, Rav4, Venza, etc etc -- non Prius - you have time and you may have a decent selection towards month end. But, for Prius? Better JUMP! :)

Dianne