1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

VERY new and cannot find MSG average display

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by harper42, Jun 23, 2010.

1. harper42

harper42 Member

I just traded my 2006 Prius for a 2010. All the way home I was looking at display that said CONS average MPG, and it was registering 13, then upto 21.... This CANNOT be my MPG ????? Watched the cd that came with the car. Nothing about this. Yes, I read the section in the manual and it said average mpg is shown since last resetting. Couldn't find where to reset.... I apologize.... it was just so easy and obvious on the 2006... just push the reset button to the right/bottom of screen. Seems they made it more complicated.... or I'm just becoming extremely dense! Can someone walk me thru how to find my average MPG ? THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

2. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    There are two trip displays, A & B, they list miles, average speed, and MPG since they were last reset. To select between those two and some other displays use a quick stab of the trip button, to reset trips A & B push the trip button and hold it down until the display has reset.

Owner's Manual pages 181 through 205 tells about displays, warning lights, gauges, etc.