1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Very Satisfied Prius Owner

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by Spinnerbug, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Spinnerbug

Spinnerbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I am now 1 month short of owning my 08 Prius for one year. Very satisfied all but for the driver seat.... wish it was 6 way adjustable....I have averaged 48.9mpg in winter months and 52.5-53 mpg all summer. I am running the tires at 38F and 36R. I have had zero problems with the car and had the routine oil changes and 15K service done. I changed wiper blades once.

All said, great car and has definitely saved me 50%+ cash on gas! I find many people ask me things about the Prius because they are interested, but have pre-conceived negative notions about the car. Several have been really impressed once they rode in the car and a few have ordered a new one. Still the Prius is the best mpg car on the road in the hybrid category and has all the comforts of my previous luxury car.

Finally, I did something smart...I gave up my luxury car and bought a Prius for my 100 mi per day commute. :)