1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Very well maintained, clean 2004 Prius in Midwest. Looks and runs excellent.

Discussion in 'Prius Cars For Sale' started by rm04, Oct 1, 2023.

1. rm04

rm04 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    I am the 2nd owner. Purchased in 2018 at 98,000 miles from a Toyota dealership. Currently has aprox. 159,000 miles (going up daily as it's my daily driver). The majority of the 60,000 miles I have put on it have been highway miles traveling to work daily. Champagne (tan) color. Mint condition spotless upholstery. Purchased a set of Clazzio custom tan pleather seat covers when I first bought the car, they still look great (only drivers seat cover has a little wear). Regular oil changes at 5,000 mile intervals. Ive changed the transmission fluid twice.

I have ONLY used top tier gasoline since purchase (absolutely makes a difference). I have ALL documentation and receipts for service, repairs and gasoline purchases.

ISSUES
    --------------
    Still has original hybrid battery and running great, but battery is starting to show its age; will need "Prolong" reconditioning, individual replacement of cells, or full replacement. Combination Meter that controls the lighted display on dash will likely need a chip replaced as the lights on the dash have gone out a few times over the past few months (only happened upon start-up when car is parked, never while driving). Car can still run as normal with no dash lights, but it's not advisable. Dash lights have not gone out for over a month, issue is very random and infrequent. They've always come back on after shutting the car off, and turning it back on again. Repair can be done DIY or by a mechanic. Willing to negotiate on price due to these two factors. The hybrid battery and the combination meter are the only areas that need attention, everything else is excellent.
    Take care of these issues and you have an excellent running and looking 04' Prius. This car has never failed to start up or broken down on me one single time. Has truly lived up to Toyotas legendary reputation for reliability.

Pending the passing inspection of another car I will be selling this Prius. Please pm if interested, thanks.

*edit- Midwest of U.S.A

#1 rm04, Oct 1, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2023
    bisco likes this.
  2. rm04

rm04 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    LE
  3. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member