1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Veterans Day

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by John321, Nov 11, 2023.

1. John321

John321 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thank you to all current and former Veterans for your selfless service to our Country.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  2. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I just wish we'd celebrate it on Election Day, "the Tuesday next after the first Monday in November".

Bob Wilson

3. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    +1

What greater way to honor veterans?

4. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    There were to-be-expected comments from President Biden on this occasion. There were also unexpected inflammatory (and maybe silly) comments from former President Trump on this occasion. This ain't our political place, so I won't disclose where to find the latter. Consider yourselves uninformed.

5. John321

John321 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    delete

#5 John321, Nov 12, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2023
  6. ColoradoBoo

ColoradoBoo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    We veterans really appreciate the support! (USAF, 1982-2004, Desert Shield/Storm, Enduring Freedom, War on Terror, Iraqi Freedom.

7. ETC(SS)

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    +1.
    Sadly, I remember a time when America didn't honour her vets as generously as we are remembered today.
    Even (some would say ESPECIALLY!) combat vets who did not chose to serve or fight.

I was served breakfast by a staggeringly sweet bunch of 4th graders in their school in the company of vets from most conflicts since Korea, along with active duty and reservists from every branch.
    As they served us, sang for us, and participated in a multimedia evert several of us old codgers (and some of the young'uns) were filled with so much pride that some of it spilled out around our eyes.

As mentioned above, just about the most honorable way to celebrate the 11th day of the 11th month would be to combine it with the responsibility to vote on that same observed federal holiday!!

ColoradoBoo likes this.
  8. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    WW-1 was supposed to be the war to defend Democracy ... but the 'peace' was a 'piece.'

Bob Wilson

9. ETC(SS)

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    WW-1 started stupidly, and ended stupidly.

It began because of NATO style alliances c-1914, and a dude named Vaso Čubrilović who used a grenade to do the work of a pistol.
    https://priuschat.com/threads/100th-anniversary-of-st-vitus-day-the-event-that-started-world-war-i.142433/#post-2030773
    It ended because an annual event involving a random number less than 13.

I really do not think that democracy was even a bit player, but contemporary wags tried to use the fiction that it was 'The War to end all Wars.'
    Other than the US War of Southern Rebellion, it's probably the starkest example of why you need to win the peace nearly as much as you need to win the war.

Israel would do well to escape this 'lather-rinse-repeat' cycle, but FIRST they need to neuter the Persian Foreign Legions, and find some way to motivate Palestinians to love their own children more than they hate the Jews.