1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Video: Behind the Scenes of the "Harmony" 2010 Prius Commercial

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Danny, May 13, 2009.

1. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Check out this 5 minute behind the scenes video on how the 2010 Prius commercial "Harmony" was conceptualized and produced. The video ends with the final product: the "Harmony" commercial you may have seen on TV (or PriusChat) over the last couple of days. Special thanks to Toyota for providing PriusChat with exclusive access to this video. Feel free to embed this video on your site and share it through Facebook or Twitter!

6 people like this.
  2. fredthepostman

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Nice! I have more of an appreciation for the video. I didn't notice all the people in the video. Very nice!:rockon:

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ok, I guess it's growing on me for its designed purpose.

4. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Wish I could see it on a big screen TV. All those details must look really nice in HD.

But I still wonder how much this spot will grab viewer's attention and how much the intricacies will be noticed and/or appreciated.

5. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Considering what sells . . .

No bikinis?

:confused:

1 person likes this.
  6. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I guess that means PC could be a part of this campaign...

7. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just thankful I didn't have to get in one of those costumes as a way to repay my debt of going to Prius Connection Detroit!!!
    Don't be getting any ideas Doug & Erica!

8. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Are you kidding me? I had so much fun a PCD that I'd slip into a flower costume and dance around to do it again! lol

9. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'll admit, I didn't see the people at first. It is original and very well done. I still can't get over the fact that it's not mainstream enough. But as Doug said, it's aimed at a particular buyer and obviously it's not me or most people here on PriusChat.

But yeah, it's well done.

10. Vincent

Vincent Don't Wait Until Tomorrow

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Excellent: I approve.

11. geeky teacher

geeky teacher New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I saw the people, but my overall impression was that it was a cartoon that flew by extremely quickly . I can appreciate the artistry and craftmanship in the making of the commercial. The "Behind the Scenes" clip is making me take a closer look at "Harmony". The people in costume remind me of the Anne Geddes babies photographed in flower costumes. It's very cute, eye-catching and clever, but I still hope Toyota makes a commercial that spends more time showing off the features of the car.

12. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I didn't see the people the first time I saw it. It must be the harmony in those people in costume fooled my eyes.

13. dbacksfan

dbacksfan Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I can see most people, including myself, did not pickup on the imagery -- using people as landscape -- very clever, imaginative and creative.

Here's my silly idea. In the follow ups, imagine particular blades of grass each morph back into a person. This is an "ah ha moment". Each person has a story to tell about how they use the Prius. This provides the opportunity to relate to different prospects (personnas) based upon benefits and usage scenarios, not features. This can be done in a very entertaining way that provides a gentle segway into one or two related features and avoids simply listing technical features which may be totally lost on the audience.

In the past few years, thru my daughter, I've become very interested in the film industry. She's a passionate artist was just accepted into the BFA Digital Arts program at Dodge College, Chapman University. We dream of the day when she can create such wonderful, entertaining stories. Sorry for getting so off topic, but our family is so proud of her accomplishments.

In any case, we look forward to seeing the sequels.