1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

VIDEO: Dash / Radio removal in 5 minutes.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by TheForce, Jun 26, 2008.

1. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I made a video of myself removing part of the dash and removing the radio. The video is time compressed to about 1 minute. Actual time to remove the radio was about 4.5 minutes but because of my extra LCD screen's wire harness it took a little longer to remove. The only tools I used were a phillips screw driver, 10mm socket, and my hands.

It does not show how to do it all but it does show it can be done pretty easily and quickly when you know what your doing.

[ame=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6515621453078307293]2006 Prius radio removal in about 5 minutes.[/ame]

2. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    This is fantastic! I wish I could spin a screwdriver like that. :)

I think I'd better embed it on a couple of my pages... with your permission!

3. Jack66

Jack66 Kinda Jovial Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Reminds me of when the Army was teaching me how to disassemble an M16 in under a minute. I like the Prius better! :)

4. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I can do that!!!

Yes its really that simple. The dash just snaps together. 2 10mm bolts for the MFD and 2 screws for the CD tray cover and a couple more for the Radio CD unit. The power amp assy is under the passenger seat!

Nice job on the video. watching it I saw myself doing the same thing!!! Hopefully some folks who watch this will gain a little more confidence to try an install or mod themselves.

Was there audio narration? That would have been a nice touch, but the video alone does get the point across!!

Well done lad!!

73 de Pat KK6pd

5. Jon1976

Jon1976 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Would like to see this in real time with some narration. went by so fast hard to tell what you did. Still nice job.

6. Darthvisor

Darthvisor New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Glad he's not a thief...

7. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry no audio.

Darelll you can use the video as long as you don't make money off of it. ;) and if you do make money off of it I get %50 of it. :D