1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Video Ipod and the DICE

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by jrod81, Mar 7, 2007.

1. jrod81

jrod81 Member

Just want to make sure I am understanding this correctly.
    I have a video IPOD 30gig and a 2005 base model Prius. Obviously I need to buy the DICE to be able to use my ipod in my Prius, but is the only way to watch the video from the ipod on the prius mfd screen to buy the cradle that has the video inputs? This will give me the video and audio of the ipod movies right?
    Also are there problems with the DICE and 2005 base models?
    thanks
    jared

2. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Answering the second question, the DICE seems to have far fewer problems with the '05. I've had maybe 5 problems since May '06, 4 of which were corrected by disconnecting the iPod itself and plugging it back in. Once back last July all I got was static, but it corrected itself. I have yet to power off or disconnect the DICE to correct a problem.

3. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jrod81 @ Mar 7 2007, 10:53 AM) [snapback]401811[/snapback]</div>

No, then you have to adapt your screen to accept video inputs. I don't think this is possible on an 05, the 06 and above have video inputs cause of the rear view camera, but I'm not so sure.

I do know that the 06+ screen have 2x the screen resolution that 05 has.