1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Video of BYD’s E6 Pure Electric Vehicle

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Steve321, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Steve321

Steve321 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    By Ravi Nagarajan
    Published on May 30, 2009 at 4:02 pm

E6 Video
    DM Video

"The interest in this site’s coverage of BYD’s e6 Pure Electric Vehicle has been very strong. I initially looked into BYD after Berkshire Hathaway announced an investment in the company. Although I have been skeptical of hybrids and electric vehicles for a long time, I think that the statistics associated with the e6 almost guarantee that electric vehicles will have a place in the American car market over the next decade.
    I found the video appearing below from a post on the Mispricing blog through a link on the Nightly Investment Links website. This brief interview with one of BYD’s engineers brings us some images of the e6 that I have not seen previously."

1 person likes this.
  2. bedrock8x

bedrock8x Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Since the release of the F3DM in Chines early this year, nothing has been heard about

o Sales numbers
    o reliability of drive train
    o reliability of battery
    o independent test report
    o customer satisfaction

I am interest to see the above information.

3. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    BYDDY is the ticker for anyone who's got money to burn.

4. mjv

mjv Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I've talked to the BYD reps at the Berkshire Hathaway meeting the last few years, as Warren Buffet owns 10% of the company, he has about a $1 billion paper gain on the company since his investment. In China, they sold about 440,000 vehicles in 2009 and are slated to sell about double that in 2010. They have just started testing the full electric and hybrid vehicles in China and are now testing the full electric min-van in California and opening their first US headquarters there. They employ about 150,000 employees per their brochures in 2009.

Max