1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Video of Prius I Being Shot Up

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by HTMLSpinnr, Jan 21, 2007.

1. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    And my only thought is that they ruined a perfectly good car. Probably not even good for salvage value after the 50 caliber took out the engine compartment with a fire.

2. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It's at http://www.videosift.com/story.php?id=21253

I'll attempt to give you a verbal picture of the rip job.

The video starts out somewhere in Southern California with a Prius I being driven by a Brit (Jeremy Clarkson of Top Gear - if it's not a Formula One car it's an "economy car") with all the "charm" of American Idol's Simon Fuller and nearly as much objectivity of Art Spinella. He disses the styling of this Prius I (guess they could not afford to get a Prius II). He continues his rip while driving - "They say..."

...it goes from 0 to 60 in 10.6 seconds
    ...it can do 106mph
    ...it gets 66mpg (....uh that's for the Prius II, but he's driving a Prius I)

Goes on to say the "Gawd Awful" Prius has no redeeming qualities whatsoever, and more unsubstantiated opinions. ("I'd rather look at a baboon - the back of a baboon") Recommeded a diesel Golf. (Good luck getting one in California)

For the climax, he drives the Prius to the desert to Billy Bob's parking lot. The redneck takes out his pistol until he is out of rounds, then unloads his machine gun. Finally, he uses an anti-aircraft gun until the Prius has at least as many bullet holes as Bonnie & Clyde's car.

I think the typical fair-minded British would call this review very daft.

3. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Repost.

Like I said in the original thread, don't take yourselves so seriously. Its a TV show, its meant to be entertaining. To the car enthusiasts who watch that show, it was extremely funny believe me.

As for his "unsubstantiated opinions" opinions are often unsubstantiated. Plenty of people really dislike the Prius. Thats their right and their opinion.

4. koa

koa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  5. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I wonder what would happen if you mounted the gun to Prius and shot up a truck? Oh, wait, same thing.

I don't really get it...

It's not like it's a microcar, or painted pink, or something. The moment in Fight Club when they whack the Beetle made me laugh. Same idea, only it had a point.

Nate