1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

View out the back window

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by sdgeiger, Jan 21, 2005.

1. sdgeiger

sdgeiger Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yesterday I got my new 2005 Prius, package 6, Seaside Pearl. It's a beautiful car. I'm a bit overwhelmed with all the features and haven't figured it all out.

My only complaint is that the view out the back window is horrible. The window is small and slanted and small window at the bottom of the hatch has a bar or some type of divider between it and the regular window. I'm surprised that someone designed this and then sat in the drivers seat and looked through the back window and thought it was fine.

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    It's the necessary result of the aerodynamic shape. I don't like it either, but I've gotten used to it. You learn to rely a bit more on the side mittors. One of the few low points in an otherwise exemplary car.

3. sdgeiger

sdgeiger Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    True, so far, I haven't found any real complaints other than my Motorola RAZR V3. It was designed to upload only one phonebook entry to the car at a time. It's really lame for a $500 phone.

4. KTPhil

KTPhil Active Member

Do several things and it won't seem so bad:

1. Rotate the interior mirror 180 degrees so it's upside down. (just rotate it the right direction so you don't break the wire on it). This way it fits the shape of the rear windows better. Also, the auto dimmer works better this way.

2. Set your outside mirrors according to the following link:
    http://www.cartalk.com/content/features/mi...rors/index.html

3. If you have small kids in the back (or no one usually rides there), set the rear headrests to their lowest position.

Together, these eliminate most of the blind spots.

5. canuckican

canuckican New Member

6. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I recommend the car talk mirror site. But the rear view is the low point in this car. :oops:

7. jamarimutt

jamarimutt New Member

As canuckican said, you will get used to it. You'll also come to like the fact that at night the bar hides the headlights of most cars behind you.