1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Viewtech

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Tadashi, May 16, 2005.

1. Tadashi

Tadashi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So has anyone installed it? Was it hard? Hold long did it take? How does it look?

BTW, isn't it against the law to have any type of video that the driver can see? I guess it is use at your own risk. I just do not want a cop to tell me I have to take it out even if I am not using it while I am driving (I listen to my XM radio but my wife likes to watch movies sometimes on long trips).

2. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

I don't think they have shipped yet, or we would have heard lots of stuff about it.

As for being illegal, sure it is illegal to view a movie while driving. Just don't put up a DVD screen while not in park. After all, there are at least 4 other screens you could display on the MFD: energy, consumption, climate, and audio. If you have NAV, you have those too.

3. eak354

eak354 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    okay... looks like the last post was 8 months ago...

...has anyone actually installed the viewtech? (or received their viewtech for that matter?) if so, how was installation? any problems with functionality... etc..?

4. CheshRcat

CheshRcat New Member

I ordered a viewtech back in March '05 and haven't heard a word since. They didn't charge me, though, so no harm done...

5. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    It appears that the View Tech may be shipping... after the birth and new baby. It may take more than 2 weeks. These things are variable in my experience. Let's wait and see.

6. Prakash

Prakash New Member

About the ViewTech from Coastal Tech. Is it compatible with the Prius 2004, with the single cd option? I have the new screen included in all 2004-2006 Models, and Packages, so I believe it should work.

Any suggestions?

7. sazzam

sazzam New Member

Check my setup, way better than coastal AND AVAILABLE:
    http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=1...ndpost&p=180671

8. finman

finman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Nissan LEAF
    Hey, what about non-NAV Prii? Is there something out there besides the CAN-View that will input a video (and audio) signal?

Curt.