1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

vin numbers for 40d recall?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Bob Allen, Jun 5, 2004.

1. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Hi: This SSC 40D recall thing seems to have affected Prii produced at different times, i.e., not limited to a given production run. Is there anyway to find out which VIN's are affected? I called the dealer from whom I bought the car (180 miles from here) and he said that owners generally hear about it directly from Toyota before the dealers do. I haven't received anything, so perhaps my car isn't affected. Just to be sure, though, it would be nice to have a VIN confirmation.

2. Dave

Dave New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Bob,
    Call 888 270 9371 during business hours, give them you VIN, and they can tell you over the phone.

3. cybele

cybele New Member

I called and was told I wasn't affected (and I wasn't affected in the last service campaign either).

My car was made in November 03 and is package 6 - (with the side airbags).

4. shocker

shocker Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Bob,
    I called and provided them with my VIN. They were very helpful in thoroughly explaining the situation and looked up my VIN, I am affected. I recieved my car back in February.