1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Vin #

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by josefarfalla, Aug 14, 2008.

1. josefarfalla

josefarfalla New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I just received my VIN # for a Mag. Grey Touring #6 today. Based upon your experience, what was the time difference between receiving a VIN # and picking up your car at the dealership? Thanks in advance.

2. dwreed3rd

dwreed3rd New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    If it's the full VIN#, I believe most posts seem to be around around ~7-10 days, although that could vary by region.

3. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It varies widely, I think. Anything from 1 day to 2 weeks from what I've read. For us, it was ~5 days, but that was almost 3 years ago in a completely different part of the country.

4. Preus

Preus :)

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I believe the Vehicle Identification Number is assigned at the destination port.
    The next step is to load the cars onto trucks for transport to the various dealars.
    The amount of time between VIN assignment and delivery varies and depends on the time it takes to load the cars onto the trucks and the distance from the port to the dealer.

5. dwreed3rd

dwreed3rd New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    :mad:All of the above is true. The question was "What is the time difference between recieving a VIN# and picking up your car at the dealership?". My response did not correctly answer the question. From the time a dealer receives their allocations, the average time until they receive the cars, VIN#'s, on their lot is approx. 7-10 days.
    How long they take to see if they can sell it out from under the next buyer on the "wait list" is up to the dealer, thus "your car will be here tomorrow". How long the buyer takes to pick up the car is another variable. I'm in Atlanta and my order is with a dealer in Tampa and I've requested that the dealer install the 3m protective film and a hood deflector before I pick it up and drive it the 400 miles up I-75 to Atlanta. so you're correct. I was wrong in using the 7-10 day guesstimate. You have much better crystal balls.