1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Vinyl Film to cover the front of the car

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by richardsprius, Dec 1, 2005.

1. richardsprius

richardsprius New Member

I was out getting my windows tinted and they offered me a clear vinyl film to protect the front of the car. Like a bra. They wanted $600 for it. I just saw it on Ebay for $25. It is supposed to be custom cut out to fit car.

Anybody ever used this stuff?

2. GreenMachine

GreenMachine New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

A lot of people use a clear film and recommend using it.
    See this thread: http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=933&hl=film

You can also do a search for 3m film, or even just film, or clear bra.

3. craigcush

craigcush Member

There is a search box here that will give you more experiences (answers) than you can read tonight. Lots of posts on the subject both ways. Read and form your own opinion.

Some here will give you a bad time for asking the same question that was addressed by many others, 9 days ago, 19 times. Or they just won't answer.

When your new to this forum, Just click on help link to avoid the flamers wrath.

Good hunting!

4. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have had mine for almost 2 years and like it. It will not protect from rocks large enough to dent the aluminum hood. Be careful of the cheap stuff on eBay. The good stuff will cost about $300 just for the material. It is not easy to install, especially at this time of the year if you live in a colder climate.