1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

visability

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ekc, Sep 29, 2004.

1. ekc

ekc New Member

I'm about 5'4" and the brief time I sat in a Prius before I ordered one, I felt like I was too low to see good. I have a Windstar that has a wide dash and you can't see where your car ends in it either, but you sit up higher and see things pretty good. Has anyone else had this problem/feeling or is it something you just get used to? It just keeps nagging away at me while I wait for my new car to come in. Thank you.

2. jchu

jchu New Member

Noted in other threads, many people regardless of height cannot see the front end off the Prius sitting in the driver's seat. Just a feature of the rapidly sloping front end. One person even went to the extent of attaching something to the front end sticking up so he would know where it was.

3. jamarimutt

jamarimutt New Member

I am 5"8" and I don't see the hood either, but this is something one gets used to very quickly. By far, most complains about seat height in this forum are from taller folks who want to sit lower.

4. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I found at 5'7".... I'm in the same boat (Prius) as the ladies... I went to PEP Boys and bought a fake antenna... put it on the front license plate bracket and it works well as the front end marker... a $3.00 investment on sale... solved the problem and is a conversation piece as well...

Bob Andersen

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Yeah, it's a common discussion point. One thing you can do that really worked for me is to park your Prius and then park another car in front and/or behind it. Sit in the driver's seat and try to burn it into your head just how frighteningly close they appear. For me anyway, coming from a Buick Regal, I get scared everytime I see a car that close to my back window. But I'm just used to having the trunk as a buffer. It is just something you will have to get accustomed to.

Though Bob Anderson had a great and inexpensive idea for overcoming the lack of foresight (ha!). Unfortunately, I can't find his post describing it. However, he took pictues of the front of his car for this thread:
    http://priuschat.com/forums/viewtopic.php?...?t=292&start=90

6. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Oh, hey Bob, there ya go. We must have been typing at the same time.

7. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Tony...it's the 'GREAT MIND' thing... I was going to post the picture..but CRS set in and I forgot....DUH...

here is the picture....

BTW: Tony it's with an 'E'

Bob Andersen