1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

visibility with window tint

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by v redhawk, Jun 19, 2007.

1. v redhawk

v redhawk New Member

I'm about ready to take the plunge and get my windows tinted. Thinking probably 35% all around to keep it legal, but I also like the looks of those who have put 20% on the back windows. I'm concerned about being able to see well in darkness or rainy weather. Any comments from those with experience? Thanks!

2. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Since the auto dimming rear view mirror doesn't dim enough, you will be glad you tinted the rear window.

3. blzlovr

blzlovr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    N/A
    I just had mine tinted, 35% front - 20% back, and have no problem seeing out the back. I like it!

4. slair

slair Ubër Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    With that light of tint, you wont have any problems at all.

5. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Not sure of the percentage of the tint, but I always do my cars the same way. I use the lightest tint shade possible on the side windows and then the next shade darker on the rear window. I am completely satisfied with the look, and the reduction of glare and heat. And, the police never give me a glance. Unlike the black limo tint guaranteed to get you a ticket in CA.

6. desertbriez

desertbriez New Member

15% all around... visibility is fine!

7. priusincc

priusincc Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I got 13% on all rear windows; and 32% on front side windows. No problem with visibility out back (even at night), and car is noticeably cooler inside. I have extended the period I can run without A/C. :)

One note, when you take yours in make sure the shop doesn't get near any plastic if they are using heat guns. :eek:

8. h2photo

h2photo Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Our front windows are 35%, you'll have no problems at all, just like everyone else says