1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

visibility

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ceisenmann, Sep 23, 2004.

1. ceisenmann

ceisenmann New Member

I recently had to chance to look over a 04 Prius at my local dealer. When I sat in the car, I adjusted the driver seat rearward because of my height (6' 2"). As I sit in the Prius I find my field of view obstructed by the visor and roof. Does anyone else find this to be an issue?

2. Marg

Marg New Member

My 6'4" husband sometimes has to duck a little bit to see street signs. Not often, though. It depends on their placement. At 5'3", I don't have that problem!

3. jamarimutt

jamarimutt New Member

Height adjustable seats are at the top of the wish list here. At 5'8" visibility is just fine for me.

4. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Yes, I am 6'2" and noticed the same thing. Might be because there is more headroom in my Odyssey which I have been driving for over 9 years. You get used to things after awhile. I have noticed it if I'm the first car at a light, especially if it is a smaller street. I have to duck down a little to see the light.

I'll have to sit in my wife's Subaru and see if it feels more like the Prius than the Odyssey.

5. Ray Moore

Ray Moore Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I'm 6'4", mostly in my torso. I have about 1" between the roof and the ceiling. I drive into the sun in the morning and afternoon but I have never actually used the visor as the roofline comes down low enough to suffice. Funny thing is, my fiance' is 5'1" and the visor doesn't come down quite far enough to suit her.