1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Visuals?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by philster, Oct 4, 2006.

1. philster

philster Junior Member

Hi All,

sorry if this question is dumb. i just got an 07 package #4 prius. i was just thinking of how cool it would be if the screen would show something besides the same ole' orange/green basic control options. does anyone know if you can make it show any images or something that's more pleasing to look at?

2. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    there are several other screens. in particular, there is the energy and consumption screens, which are pretty cool. You can reach them by pressing the info button on the steering wheel (once to bring up one screen, again to change between the two). The consumption screen shows a chart of average MPG over 5 minute incriments. the energy screen shows where the energy is coming/going from/to. in particular, it shows the wheels on the car spinning, with energy flowing from the batteries, to the motor and then to the wheels, as well as from the engine to wheels and battery. also for regernation the flow will reverse, going from wheels to motor to batteries, or from engine to motor to batteries.

Unfortunately, thats about as interesting as it gets.

3. nyconrad

nyconrad Cconrad in Virginia

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Or you can tape this to the MFD:

[​IMG]

4. Rick Grahn

Rick Grahn New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I put a DVD player in my car (with the Ultimate lockpick from Coastal). With it, I think I can display a slide show with music if I burn a DVD for it. That might be interesting...see pics of the family while I am traveling away from home.

5. inventor00

inventor00 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Sorry but this will not yet work on the 07- one of our OC Prius club members has a Canview to which he also hooked up a laptop, so on HIS screen - you can play SOLITAIRE...