1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Viva La Burrito

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by bshef, May 3, 2006.

1. bshef

bshef Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Let em stay....

[​IMG]

2. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

Got that right. :)

One of my local Taco Bells is staffed by a good number of Sikhs!

3. bshef

bshef Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    wonder what they will do if we don't meet their demands?.....
    Leave?

4. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bshef @ May 3 2006, 01:13 PM) [snapback]249154[/snapback]</div>
    I'm not going anywhere.

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Does that sign indicate that legal Mexican immigrants don't know how to make burritos? Dammit, I knew I should have watched the guy at Chipoltle more closely; if only I'd have memorized the recipe. Curses, it's just too complicated!

If we deport illegals, do we have to give back the tequilla?

6. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I'm thinking this guy may have just spilt the beans on a huge international conspiracy!!! :eek:

Just like the introduction of Western food into the diets of Native Americans and Eskimos has had serious health ramifications – so too, I believe, the introduction of Mexican food into the modern day American diet has had some serious detrimental consequences.

THE PROOF:
    1) Before the introduction of Mexican food, Americans would do any and all jobs.
    2) Since the introduction of Mexican food, there are now jobs that Americans are either too lazy (or fat) to do . . . but illegal Mexicans will.
    3) The fact that you never see real Mexicans eat at Taco Bell. :huh:

Coincidence? I THINK NOT!!!!

I say kick them all out . . . and make them take their evil, addictive, burrito weapons with them! After a short adjustment period, we will get back to eating steak and potatoes, and doing all of our own jobs ourselves.

7. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ May 3 2006, 06:48 PM) [snapback]249451[/snapback]</div>
    Chipoltle! Man you only need 2 of those monsters to get through a week! :p

Wildkow

8. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    The point is that nobody but an undocumented worker is willing to work for the pittance they pay people at those places. And they're willing because wages at home are even worse.

You want to get rid of undocumented workers? Start paying decent wages. And require that imported goods be made with labor that's paid decent wages. Americans would do those jobs if they could live on the salary. And Mexicans would stay at home if wages there were enough to live on.

Pretty simple, really.

9. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ May 4 2006, 08:49 AM) [snapback]249645[/snapback]</div>
    That's kind of a chicken and egg thing isn't it Daniel? If there weren't undocumented workers available to accept the low wages the employers would be forced by the employment market to raise their wages to get people to work. It's to the advantage of the employers to keep wages low and pay the undocumenteds. Paying decent wages alone won't make the undocumented workers go away.

BTW, I'm curious to hear your response to the posting of the criminal code clearly showing that it is against the law (ie. illegal) to be in this country without appropriate paperwork and going through customs.

10. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ May 4 2006, 07:02 AM) [snapback]249654[/snapback]</div>
    Supply and demand: if there's a demand for low-wage workers, people will come into the country to meet that demand. And while employers are willing to hire immigrants at low wages, rather than Americans at decent wages, the immigrants will continue to come. Politicians have been trying to control immigration for decades. Short of draconian measures worthy of the old KGB, it can't be done.

For the other, I've posted in that other thread.

I'll be away from the internet for a while on account of my upcoming trip this weekend.