1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Voice activation disabled in Australia!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Wesley, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Wesley

Wesley New Member

I finally discovered it's not just my car ('04 iTech Prius) but that all of the cars delivered here have had voice activation disabled. Guess they thought the poor car just couldn't handle the 'strine accent... but then again, I'm American, and I want ALL of the cool toys to work! Does anybody know how to get that system turned back on? You can just about gaurantee that it is simply switched off somewhere in the cars computers. Even the voice button on the steering wheel is still there....
    Cheers,
    Wesley

2. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

I wonder if the US version of the loading.kwi file would work on the Austrailia system?

3. Wesley

Wesley New Member

Where would I get a copy of the file to experiment with (and if it doesn't work, what chance would I have of resetting it to default... :oops: )?
    Thanks,
    Wes

4. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Some one correct me but is not the maker of the Nav system an Australian company?

5. bjchrist

bjchrist New Member

Aussie accent a problem?

Hmmm, maybe the problem is that they have the loading.kiwi file so the voice activation only works in New Zealand? :mrgreen:

6. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

Where does New Zealand come into play here? Did I miss something?

But that does provide an interesting test. If you can get a nav DVD from another market that does have voice recognition, and the DVD otherwise loads, that should tell you if it is a replacable sofware problem, or firmware/HW problem.

7. Wesley

Wesley New Member

Hmmm,
    So is there anyone over there willing to burn and send me a copy of the US Nav DVD (c.o.d maybe??)? It would be interesting to see what it suggests as the route and drive time to my brother's house in Virginia 8) !
    Cheers,
    Wesley

8. Wesley

Wesley New Member

Oh, yes and kiwis is slang for New Zealanders...
    Wes