1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Voice Command drops off

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Mandy, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Mandy

Mandy New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    2012 Prius Four, solar roof--my blue tooth is on, got confirmation that the phone synced, transfer completes, I press voice recog on steering wheel, it prompts me to say a command and I say "call so and so"... it states, " one moment please " ...and then drops back to the nav screen. Huh? Hello? What just happened? Anyone know? Please advise. Thanks

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Moved from the EV and News forum to the appropriate Gen III forum.

3. PatS

PatS New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Spent day at dealer, largest dealer in San Diego, for same problem. The dealer told me that tech checked problem and system works. It doesn't work when you use the command "call so n so".. It either says pardon or just drops me back to the navigation screen. This feature worked until about 3 weeks ago. The dealer insisted that the car needs to learn my voice. It used to know my voiceI Spent more than 1/2 an hour showing him how it wasn't learning my voice. He told me that I should just accept that voice recognition Isn't perfect and I should accept it. After all, the tech checked it and is working.. I told him that they they should put that in their warranty that if voice recognition doesn't work properly owners that buy this $30k Toyota should accept it.. I tried to escalate my complaint at the dealership, which is where I bought the car. They told me that I should come back in a couple of days and talk to the manager since no one had the authority to have the tech show me how it was working for him. I have the exact same car you do. I had called Toyota's customer service twice before. They sent me an something I could plug in to the usb port update the software. They sent me 2 and neither would download.

I stopped by a different dealer and the assistant manger took the time and understands the problem. He will work on solving it tomorrow morning. Please let me know if you hear of a solution.

4. janice45

janice45 Dudley Girl

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I have an appointment on Nov 13
    I am also having a tec look at my blue tooth I was already told it mightbe
    just the way it is .
    I have had 4 of these cars and my first 2006 was the best as far as blue tooth .I'm so tired of Toyota saying this is not a none issue BULL !
    I told the dealer that Id take a nav/radio from a 2006 any thing after that is junk .I guess I'm angry because this car is not cheap and if Toyota put this car together they should have an answer
    I'm. just frustrated

5. PatS

PatS New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    My voice recognition is working again! The second dealership found there was something wrong with my phone since they showed me how their phone was successful with voice recognition. Went home and saw on line that entune has tested phones from the contract mobile phone companies . I use Virgin Mobile. They haven't tested prepaid plan phones. Virgin uses Sprint phone lines and one of Sprint's phones was the same as mine. According to the testing done on that phone, it is amazing that the phone had ever worked. I called Toyota's customer service entune number. The person I spoke with had me turn off off the bluetooth on the phone and delete my phone number from the car's entune. They had me turn the Bluetooth on my phone back on and to pair it again with the car's entune. I did this and the voice recognition works! The service representative suggested that I turn off my phone Bluetooth every night. Then to turn it on again before I start my car. This allows the phone Bluetooth to "re-boot", like how home computer problems can be resolved by re-booting. Now all I want to do is drive around telling the voice recognition to call everyone I know!