1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

voice command talks too much

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by fredmertz, Aug 18, 2006.

1. fredmertz

fredmertz New Member

Is there a way to inhibit the "please say a command" prompt every time you press the voice recognition system button? I did a search on the site but didn't find the answer to this one.
    Thanks in advance for your assistance.

2. AlphaTeam

AlphaTeam Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Yes.
    It is on page 3 (I think) of the setup screen.

3. Basildane

Basildane Junior Member

Me: SHUT UP!

Christine: System is showing gas station icons...

(lol)

4. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Holy crap I'm going to run to my car right now and do that. I'm the type who reads manuals like they're pulp novels, and somehow I missed that one. I'll be so happy when she shuts her stupid yap!

[edit] Thank you AlphaTeam! It was on page 2 of the setup screen (close enough) and the setting is called "Voice Recognition Guidance" or something like that. I was worried for a second that turning it off would turn off other useful guidance for those multi-step voice entries like giving an address by state-city-street-number or other things that might need a little prompting. It didn't cancel that guidance, but it delays longer now before the voice comes back to prompt, which is great because now I don't have that b*#!h yapping my ear off when I'm trying to do simple things.

I'm sure I would have figured it out sooner or later, but I haven't had a free half-hour to spend sitting in the car fiddling with things in the last week or two ;)

5. ibcs

ibcs New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I missed that one too! Please say a command: Be brief

Thank you for asking the question.

6. nmrickie

nmrickie Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    I just wish there was a way to shut her up while using Bluetooth!

7. Tom_06

Tom_06 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nmrickie @ Aug 18 2006, 12:57 PM) [snapback]305393[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah, I was disappointed that the configuration for both voice prompt and keyboard (abc.. vs qwerty) that you choose in Settings is not used by the phone stuff. An incomplete integration of NAV and bluetooth systems.

- Tom