1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Voice Commands

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by glscheil1, Dec 27, 2003.

1. glscheil1

glscheil1 New Member

I understand you can issue voice commands to increase temperature controls, etc. Have any of you done this yet? Would appreciate advice.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    What kind of advice do you want? What specific info are you looking for?

Only the Prius models equipt with NAV have voice control options available. I have it, I have used most of the commands. It works, but, in all honesty, it's mainly a gimmick for all but some of the more essoteric NAV system commands that are hard to access any other way. You can voice command the temperture you want, but it's faster/easier to use the controls on the steering wheel. Same for the stereo controls. Some commands are better understood than others.

I like it, it's a fun thing to show off when showing off the car and to impress the inlaws, but functionally I rarely use it.

Now, the Bluetooth and SE/S are a different thing altogether, love them, use them every time I use the car, and wonder how I ever lived without them before.
    --evan

3. Jon

Jon New Member

You can get a list of voice commands available by saying "help"

I agree with the last post, its very gimmicky. It often confuses "Go Home" with "Government Offices".

It's frustrating at times.

4. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base