1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Voice Control of Nav and What Else?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by web1b, Jun 10, 2007.

1. web1b

web1b Active Member

I have read about people complaining that they can't use the touch screen to adjust the nav while driving. Doesn't it allow you to adjust the nav via voice commands?
    What exactly can you do with the nav voice commands? I would hope you would be able to, at the least, insert an unplanned stop in your route (such as to nearest gas station or nearby places to eat) in the middle of a long trip.
    Can you also control HVAC and radio with voice?

2. 9G-man

9G-man Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(web1b @ Jun 10 2007, 05:07 PM) [snapback]459263[/snapback]</div>

Voice commands allow control of Automatic Air Conditioning function and temperature, near-Complete audio system control, Bluetooth phone dialing, both by number and by name (if you give your contacts "voice tags") and of course Navigation system control. Yes you can insert and change destinations by voice command. All POI catagories are represented with voice recognition and are even searchable by using the prefix "nearest" in you command. Complete addresses input, including street number, name, city, and state can be voice commanded. Its pretty cool to hear the system read-back a street or city name in a mechanical voice that is unique to this feature. Most folks don't take the time to learn and practice the voice command possibilities and deem the whole voice rec. system not useful. I find it to be outstanding. The manual only scratches the surface of the systems capabilities. Check out the nav help screen and study that a while.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    check the "Prius User Guide" at john1701a.com (no www). He has a list of voice commands.

Welcome to PriusChat!