1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Voice recognition command not working on 2007 Prius with bluetooth

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Rodney O, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Rodney O

Rodney O Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have programmed in all voice tags with the appropriate phone numbers but cannot get the voice command feature to work. When I push the talk button as instructed in the manual it always asks for number to dial. Is there some setting I have not done correctly? The owners manual is not the easiest to read in my opinion.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

2. CIA_Guy

CIA_Guy Junior Member

My 2007 started doing that for no reason. When I'm driving, and I hit the button, it says "State a command" and I can use "dial by name." But, if I'm stopped, it only lets me say the phone number. That started suddenly one day. The dealer just had my car for 3 1/2 weeks looking into the issue and concluded that they don't know what's going on. "The user manual must be wrong. It probably never had the ability to accept a command to dial by name!" And, that's what the "expert" at Toyota told them as well.

I'd love to know if there is a fix to restore the capability.