1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Voice Recognition glitches

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by beglad, Jun 2, 2007.

1. beglad

beglad New Member

I have a 2007 Prius with the Navigation Package. When I use the hands free phone function I get inconsistent results. A typical session goes like this: I push the voice activate button and get the "Enter command response", I say "Dial by number". I get the response: "Dial by mumber selected. Wait for display to update ..." I push the voice activate button and get the the Enter command response again. Sometimes I have to do this as many as three times to advance to the Enter the number response which I sometimes have to repeat twice even though the proper number is echoed back. Do any of you have this problem? or is it a bug or software glitch unique to my car?

2. ctmurray

ctmurray Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(beglad @ Jun 2 2007, 11:27 AM) [snapback]453952[/snapback]</div>
    I am having issues as well, I can't even get back to this spot where I ask for Dial by number. It is possible I am holding down the speech command button too long. I am on the board looking for advice.

But when I was at your spot on the phone commands, I think you should not hit the speech recognition button again. Wait for it to update, it should ask you to speak the location (phone location in my case), then it will acknowledge your voice selection and give you more instructions (for the phone it says you then should hit the voice command button to initiate the dialing). So I suspect you and a I are confusing the system by hitting the button too often or for tool long.

On another posting I saw someone mentioning that you should quickly tap the voice recognition button. I will give that a try.

3. beglad

beglad New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cam @ Jun 2 2007, 12:43 PM) [snapback]454005[/snapback]</div>
    Maybe I am waiting too long and the VR system thinks i've discarded the "Dial by number" command. If so the system is far too touchy. I will try pushing the button sooner. But that wouldn't explain why I can wait quite a while after the second try saying: "Dial by number" and have the software advance to "Say the number".