1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Voice Recognition is Finished Problem

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by iLuvM3, Apr 29, 2011.

1. iLuvM3

iLuvM3 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    This issue just popped up today when i was trying to adjust the volume of my music using the steering wheel volume button..only to notice there was no response.

I thought it was strange so i powered off the car and turned it back on, same error.

Basically this is what is happening:

All of the buttons for the stereo system on the dash (CD, Tape, Aux etc are non-responsive) i can eject discs, but not load discs.

On the Steering Wheel pressing the Seek or Volume button does nothing. When i press Mode it switches through the Modes BUT with each push it prompts me that "Voice Recognition has Finished"

On the opposite side when i press the Voice button, it takes me to the Phone Call page (call logs, number pad etc) and repeats "Voice Recognition has Finished"

The major problem is i do not use the Voice Recognition feature nor and type of Bluetooth! I tried looking through the books for anything useful, but nothing about this type of situation..i've searched online about my error which leads me here to a few past threads but they don't directly involve my errors (they were posted by people who used the feature, but got the error for holding the button too long)

Any ideas!? :confused: