1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Voice Type/Quality Settings on the Bluetooth Diagnostic Scre

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by smoqui, Apr 27, 2005.

1. smoqui

smoqui New Member

After accessing the Bluetooth settings screen (hold info button and turn headlight switch on, off, on three or more times) then hit menu, and I believe it says BT ... you arrive at a screen where you can set the voice levels for sending and incoming. There is also a setting for voice type with a notation to see the service manual. This apparently takes a single digit setting, but no indication of how many settings are available, or what they control. Since I don't have any real need to spend big bucks for a service manual, I cannot check the settings. Anyone have that info? I have tried 1, 2, 3, etc., exiting the screen and trying a call. I cannot actually discern any difference in sound at the various settings. Anyone know if this is for incoming, microphone, or what?

Using an Ericsson T616 on Cingular. I like the phone basically except that the display screen is totally useless in daylight, even if you hold your hand over it to shade it. This is strictly an indoor phone. When I use it through the Bluetooth in the Prius, once in a while it sounds perfectly clear, other times it sounds like I am talking under water or in a long hollow pipe or something.

2. NuShrike

NuShrike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Re: Voice Type/Quality Settings on the Bluetooth Diagnostic

The only settings that you can really modify in my experience is the incoming and send volumes which range from -5 to +5.

The other number field there (3) never "sets" no matter how many times I try it. Try it yourself: type in some number, exit that screen, go RIGHT back and loook, it's 3 again.

3. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

The service manual is pretty silent about those settings.

4. hschuck

hschuck Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(smoqui\";p=\"85131)</div>
    smoqui, check your phone display settings. It sounds like either the backlight is turned off or it is not functional (or both).

5. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Are all these programming tricks (e.g., hold info and switch headlight, start holding ODO and buckle seatbelt, etc.) collected in one place? I've found some reading posts, but it sure would be more efficient to have a recipe book.

6. tag

tag Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DanMan32\";p=\"85199)</div>
    I searched my copy and couldn't find anything pertinent either. Maybe our Master Techs, Kyle & Rick, have some insights. ??

7. ryogajyc

ryogajyc Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NuShrike\";p=\"85166)</div>
    I'm able to set it to any value between 0 and 4, inclusive. If you type 5 or larger, it seems to reset to it's previous value. Maybe you didn't type 00, 01, 02, 03, or 04 and you ended up with 3X (where X is the key you pressed) and tried to set it to a value over 5 making it appear to reset to 3. Of course, I haven't exhaustively tried all possible numerical values, so maybe more than 0 through 4 work.

8. popserge

popserge New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius

I've done quite a bit of research on those three setting. The third one is a mystery. Toyota, approached through "proper" channels say they don't know what that setting does.
    However, the other two are simply incoming and outgoing volume. If you get on a call, turn the diagnostic screen on and go to the BT screen, you can hear the changes in incoming volume as you move the incoming number. The person on the other end can hear the changes as you go to the outgoing number.
    Hope that helps.

9. ryogajyc

ryogajyc Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced

Is there any way to exit this screen besides power-cycling the car?

10. NuShrike

NuShrike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ryogajyc\";p=\"106355)</div>
    Almost same way you got in, hold INFO.

[edit]
    As popserge noted I remembered wrong, and it's actually the DISP(lay) button.

11. popserge

popserge New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius

Unfortunately, you can hold "Info" down 'till the cows come home and the screen won't change. You must hold "DISP" down for about three or four seconds and then the screen will revert to the initial opening screen you see when you power up.

12. ryogajyc

ryogajyc Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced

Ah, ok. I recall trying INFO before and it didn't seem to work and I had thought maybe I remembered incorrectly or didn't hold it long enough. Thanks!