1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

voltage isolation fault-insurance claim

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Toehee, Aug 30, 2023.

1. Toehee

Toehee Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    My car threw two dash messages- hybrid system malfunction and pre-collision fault. was not drivable. I used Carista and codes were battery voltage isolation and "manufacturer specific" code. Dr. Prius showed no codes. Battery was damaged beyond repair- shorted due to mouse nest inside the traction battery. The battery is a total loss. Fortunately, our comprehensive policy will cover the cost of the repair. So, word to the wise...check your car insurance policy to see if this type of damage is covered. Normal wear and tear is not covered. I'm thinking the other code may have been thrown due to high voltage leakage to chassis (caused by mouses). Another cause of this is water leakage into the battery area from ingress from the chassis. Not much to see- just a bunch of sound insulation wadded inside the battery case.

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    It showed you the actual codes, right? You should include those in posts. We don't as much need what Carista thinks they mean; looking in the repair manual is better for that, anyway.

Toyota Service Information and Where To Find It | PriusChat

3. douglasjre

douglasjre Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I don't know what Carissa is but it's not techstream. Mechanics pay more for quality tools because they're worth it. Get techstream.