1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

voltage of c

Discussion in 'Prius c Technical Discussion' started by fgp, May 11, 2012.

1. fgp

fgp Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    hey gang, please let me know if im really really wrong or at least straighten me out. if i remember right the regular prii have a voltage from the "big" battery pack of about 500 volts. is it true that the c has a voltage output 144. am i missing something or is the difference that big?:confused:

2. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    1 person likes this.
  3. fgp

fgp Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    ahh, thank you jimbo. that is really helpful. have you ever had like a nagging factoid that for some reason felt important. thats how this is to me. although, its not true i always tell folks that if i jump their car off it would end up on the moon. i know iknow that it would be the same as a regular car

4. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I feel empowered by the internet. For decades, I had this feeling "I read something about that once" and had no indexing system to ever find the data again. Now a days it looks like I know my stuff, when it is still the same 'I should know this' feeling, followed by 1/4 hour in Google/Wikipeadia/bookmarks and I have a good answer. If I ever figure out how to google wisdom, instead of mere facts, watch out!

5. fgp

fgp Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    right on brother! well said:rockon::rockon: