1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Volume adjustment Handsfree

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by habel, Jan 24, 2006.

1. habel

habel New Member

Almost all the people I phone up using the Bluetooth connection in the car (Prius 2006) complains it's to low or I sound too far away.

How can I adjust the mic. volume? I know there was a thread about this, but I can't find it...

Please point me in the right direction - or explain it to me here please.

Also I can not transfer my phone book to the Prius (I have a Samsung Z500), not even one entry at the time... It was no problem pairing the phone to the car for phoning, but when I want to transfer the contacts, BT at the phone cannot "see" the car.. What could be wrong?

Thanks!

2. habel

habel New Member

Update:

Using the method deskribed in this thread:
    http://priuschat.com/2006-Prius-Voice-Reco...ems-t15018.html

I was able to find a menu (Bluetooth TEL Check) where the input volume for the phone system could be set.

It was at 0 when I first got there, and I tried all settings (up to vol. 5 - that is max), calling my son who could verify the effect.

He told me it got a little better from 1 through 4, but at 5 there was some kind of distortion to the sound...

I have now set 3 as my prefference, but still people think I sound somewhat "far away" when we speak on the phone.

Could there be other solutions to remedy this?

3. jrfaris

jrfaris Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Here's another Prior Post that might be helpful

4. habel

habel New Member

Thanks, jfaris!

The menu decribed is the same one I got to as described above - just another way to get there.

Still the "issue" with the "mystery number" though - and the volume is still too low...