1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Volume knob unpauses phone audio, can that not happen?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by akb427, Feb 24, 2024.

Tags:
  1. akb427

akb427 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    2018 Prius 3, when a phone is bluetooth'd to the audio system, and is giving directions with a nav app like google maps, and also has a paused music or podcast player, if we turn up the volume to make the directions louder, the audio player unpauses and we've suddenly got music playing. Has happened with both iphone and android. Anyone else notice this, know what's up with that and if it can be turned off/fixed? Am I missing something obvious?

2. AzWxGuy

AzWxGuy Weather Guy

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Maybe it's doing some load shedding. I can't even approach simulating all those connections and settings. Or the programmer didn't think of or simulate those settings. You gotta admit, that is a lot of stuff to be doing, AND keep your car operating safely.

3. Roger Green

Roger Green New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I have a 2017 Prius 4 and deal with the same maddening issue every day, looking for a solution online is how I found this thread. I'm a programmer myself and saying there are too many conditions to simulate is a lazy excuse. There are 2... pause your Bluetooth audio then adjust your volume and it unpauses. It's pretty simple conditions.