1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Volume range before blown speakers w/Nav

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by smurfpotter624, Aug 12, 2009.

1. smurfpotter624

smurfpotter624 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Okay, my Prius is on order w/Nav, but I wanted to find this out beforehand.

On my current car, if I turn the volume knob beyond straight up and down, I will blow at least one speaker, if not more. It's a '99 Buick Century Limited with Concert Sound II (i.e. Bose 8-speaker system). I did blow the speakers on the rear deck one time. Luckily it only cost me about $125 to get the replacements from a dealer.

So, is there a volume on the Prius III w/Nav that is the highest it will go without blowing speakers, or is it even possible to blow the speakers?

2. mgb4tim

mgb4tim Noob

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    try it while it's under warranty

3. rachaelseven

rachaelseven New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I couldn't get loud enough to blow one without causing more ear pain than I was interested in. Granted, I'm not a :rockon: type, but I cranked up some wicked house dance stuff the other day and like I said... more than I could handle volume wise. Sounded great loud too, btw.

4. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    in my GenII it's impossible to blow the speakers.. same for the lexus cars. audio goes up to 63.. if everything is boosted.. base.. mid and treb.. you might damage something.. but most likely your hearing before the speakers.. not enough wattage

5. cpatch

cpatch New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    You'll kick the speakers in because they're not loud enough at max volume before you blow them.