1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Volume Switching from AM - FM - AM

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by TKicker, Nov 20, 2010.

1. TKicker

TKicker New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi - a real real newbie here (75 miles on the ODO newbie!) and I'm enjoying the Prius so far. However, one niggling issue is that the volume needs raising significantly when switching from FM to AM and then I have to lower it before going back to FM or risk breaking the windows and my ear-drums! Popped into the dealer who said (wait for it) that all Toyota radios are like that including his own Prius and that it's because they're made in Japan!!! :confused: An engineer came out and tried to sort it but couldn't (I did get him to hook up his PC/diagnostic thingy to remove that annoying bleep bleep bleep bleep when you put it in reverse). Anyway, he said he'd ask Toyota HQ about the volume and get back to me. He hadn't experienced it before (all Toyota radios uh?). Anyone else have that problem? If so, any solutions???...... with greatly anticipated thanks.

2. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The Sound adjustments are independent for each of your audio sources, AM, FM, SAT, CD, USB, etc. So, for each source adjust the volume, etc. to your liking.

3. TKicker

TKicker New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thanks but there wasn't a "level adjustment" in the sound function for the separate sources that I nor the engineer could find, just tone & DSP. Neither of those raised (or lowered) the volume when stationary. I will look and try again.

4. xs650

xs650 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    TKicker is in the UK and their radios aren't the same as North American radios so the majority of us can't offer him much useful advice.

5. TKicker

TKicker New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thanks xs650 - I knew radios would differ in geographic regions but I'd hoped (forlornly I think) that the functionalities might be the same. Never had this issue with any of my other, non-Toyota cars. Ah well - just have to wait to hear back from Mr Engineer/Toyota HQ.

6. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thanks for pointing this out. I saw where the OP was from UK but did not realize that their radios are not the same as ours.