1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Vote on the Location For Our First Meeting!!

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by DaveinOlyWA, Aug 3, 2004.

?
  1. Anderson Park in Redmond

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. XXX Burger in Issaquah

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Red Robin in Bellevue Square

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    ok we have 3 possible locations that are up for a vote for our first WA St PriusChat Meeting!!

now if you had a spot in mind, keep it in mind for the 2nd meeting. but as for now we have

1 Larry's Market and Anderson Park in Redmond. This would be like a picnic type of thing. There are multiple eating places very near by. For those of you that know the area, its near Redmond Town Square.

2. XXX Burger in Issaquah. It is near Gilman Square and has lots of shops in a walk by type of strip mall thingy i guess. Also has imported pop!! (yes i said pop)

3. Red Robin in Bellevue Square. Bellevue Square is one of the largest shopping malls in the area. It has covered parking so you dont have to worry about your Prius getting wet. its also great if its real hot as your car will not bake like open parking lots. Red Robin is a well known chain and they have outdoor seating which would make it great for a meeting in Sept since the weather is still good then.

so those are the places. vote in this thread to make it a bit easier to count ill sticky it so it doesnt fade away... please only vote once. and in person...iow, no voting for cousin Vinny. Vinny must post his own vote thank you.

2. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    OK I’m not sure about Larry's Market. My mom lived in Redmond till I moved her to a nursing home in Olympia after a stroke. I know where Gilman Square is and Bellsquare is. I vote for Bellsquare.

3. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    ok dont forget to vote in poll at the top of this post.

4. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    oops sorry voted

5. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    hey noooo problemo!!

i feel that a poll would be better in that we can be confidential...however it does open up the voting to ballot stuffing...

BUT we wouldnt do that now...right?? after all, this isnt florida!!

6. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    A note on the yummy imported pop: it's at Wildfire BBQ. XXX Burger is famous for it's rootbeer (not imported, but good nontheless).

7. InTheWASide

InTheWASide New Member

Well, since it seems like my suggestion is winning so far, and if it turns out TO win, I really hope I'll be there in time for it. By then I'll have over 11000 miles on my baby as I'm at 9600 now and move in a month, followed by JUST under 1200 from Long Beach to Everett. Fortunately, I can find the quickest route! :) Unfortunately, it's gonna be the 405 North (yes, CA has a 405 too) to the 5 North. That's it... real exciting. Well, I guess I get on the 2 once I'm IN Everett, but yeah... Yay!

Slight Side note:
    Anyone able to recommend any really good (and relatively cheap) moving companies that move out of state? Keep in mind it's a CA to WA move!
    Any help is appreciated!

8. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Well, we haven't set a date yet so you may still make it up here in time (I might even miss it too if it's this month, since my work schedule decided to blow up). What date do you expect to be here by? Was it Sept 1st? or something..?

The only moving companies I can even think of are U-Haul and Ryder. I have no idea as to their prices or how good they are.

9. InTheWASide

InTheWASide New Member

Well uhaul is for sure a selfmove, not sure about ryder. The big trucks scare the CRAP out of me as far as driving and I'd have to tow the prius... DON'T wanna do that...

I should be up there and settled enough to attend a meet around the 2nd week of September (10-15th or so) Not even looking at a calendar there so not sure what days of the week that is, but I need enough time to at least SORT of have a room :D

10. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    well preliminary plans call for a meeting abouts the middle of sept. to maximize attendance.

that is unless some want to meet sooner. we can do both. missing the first one wouldnt be any worse than missing any of them. as i hope we can get together monthly or so.

i guess the key is to get the word out, so that people can know about it. i think we also have to look at the fact that there will probably be no date that is convenient for everyone, so maybe multiple small meetings would be preferable to one big one. or maybe many small ones and a few big ones.

11. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Middle of September sounds awesome. I'd love to see a huge turn-out of Prii; the more the merrier. Even Beast (my blazer) will be sporting a prius tag on the dash.... It will say "ToyYoda Preeus" and a Yoda figurine shall be sitting next to it. Beast wants to show his support for the Prii too (besides, his new driveway-mate will be a Prius). :mrgreen:

12. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Don't blame you. I'd stick the Prius INTO the moving van before I'd tow it! I honestly don't know if Ryder is a selfmover or not. I guess you could see if they have an URL (I'd be surprised if they didn't), and see what it says. As for driving big trucks... depending on how big, I might get nervous too. Maybe. But then I like driving things....I'm weird. *shrugs*

13. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i wouldnt pass up the chance to test the Prius on a long trip either. i have done a trip of 450 miles and a few 2-300 mile trips, but to do 2+tanks in a day would be cool. you drive straight thru doncha?

i used to drive from riverside to olympia, its tough but i used to do it in 21-22 hours.

14. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I would soooo rent another Prius and drive to CA with it! Going to Oregon with one was a blast. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Can't wait to do it in my own Prius. If you can possibly help it Brad, have someone else take the moving van while you drive your Prius. You won't regret the drive. Bring some tunes and away you go!

15. InTheWASide

InTheWASide New Member

Good plan Star. I had never thought about it and my realtor mentioned it earlier today too. With the quotes I'm getting for the WHOLE move by professional movers ($5000+/-), I can probably rent a self move truck, some professional packers and unpackers (1 set at each end), talk a friend that's COMFORTABLE WITH IT into driving the truck, gas for it, give them a couple hundred and a flight back to Cali and STILL be way under. Now to find a sucker...ahem... great and true friend that ould be willing to drive one of the bigger uhauls... AT least I still pretty much have a month.

And Star, if the sticker for Yoda hasn't been made yet, make it a bit more Yoda-esque....

"Preeus of ToyYoda, it is."
    :mrgreen:

16. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    ROFLOL!! I like that idea even better! I haven't printed it yet, so I think I'll go back and do that instead. :lol:

$5000 to be professionally moved? Whoa, I had no idea it costs that much; but then again, I've never moved out of state before. Yeah, definately find a sucker --erm, really great and true friend-- and see if they'll take the truck.

17. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

I did 1800 KM's = 1000 miles in 2 day's in March which is winter here in Canada and it was a blast. Had a bit of ice and snow and cloud and sun and wind and calm and it was a good trip and I averaged over 44 US miles to the gallon for the whole trip. In a Classic. 6 mountain passes and all.

18. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i know some people who moved from portland to dupont, wa which is about 140 miles or so and it cost them $4000
    so moving is a spendy deal. but the mileage for the move was nothing. the money was in the packers and packing materials. the movers would not insure them unless they used special packing boxes for certain items like tvs, mirrors etc. and the boxes were EXPENSIVE!!

then they charged by the pound for packing help. and then extra for special items like large dressing tables, glass top furniture, big screen tv's, appliances etc.

it adds up quick. but they thought it was worth it. the movers converged on their house had everything wrapped and packed in 3-4 hours and they were done. everything was organised then moved to the new house and everything was put in the right room with all the big stuff moved in.

they also tipped the packers. since their move was a short distance the same people who packed them also moved them and unpacked them.

19. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Whoa. Having never moved like that, this shocks me. Just...wow.

20. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    well i just moved from Lacey to Olympia... a move of 3 miles and it SUCKED!!

moving is a major hassle. now it didnt cost me much since 80% of it i moved in my Prius (only my TV and a very large desk wouldnt fit in the back) including my bed, couches, desk, etc. also had one pickup truck load (half a load really and most of that load was buffer protection for my TV)