1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Vredestein Quatrac5 Tire’s

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by frankv64, Nov 22, 2018.

1. frankv64

frankv64 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Anyone install the Vredestein Quatrac5 Tire’s on their gen 2 Prius? They have very good reviews on tire rack. The only thing is their tread wear is 400. It’s a very quiet tire

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I don't know of any on a Prius here on PC yet, but there is an earlier thread about them.

Do you say "It's a very quiet tire" from direct experience, or from a published rating somewhere?

-Chap

3. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Quietest tire out there is Kumho. Excellent tire. Just bought 4 at Tire Rack
    Good reviews KH15. I have previously ran the Kumho Solus and they were great. $287 delivered for 4.

4. frankv64

frankv64 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    From reviews on tire rack

5. Hamptgx

Hamptgx Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I too am considering these, I had the Nokian with the snow flake symbol like the Vred's and they were outstanding on snow and ice just didn't last more than 40K on S10. I believe they'd last longer on prius due to less start off torque. Snowflake tires will wear a little quicker due to softer compound for icesnow traction. I plan to buy the Vredesteins in a few months, I think they're the best choice. Michelin crack pretty quick.