1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

VSC, Brake light, ABS, low tire pressure lights all on

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by jderider2, Jun 27, 2019.

1. jderider2

jderider2 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just finished replacing the driver side wheel bearing/spindle assembly which totally sucked because there were so many complications including having to recompress the brake caliper because I started the car in the middle of this procedure to turn the wheel and you need to step on the brake in order to start the car in the first place. I finally got everything done (4 days later) and now my ABS, VSC, Brake light, and low tire pressure light are all lit up. My first thought was that the dust shield for the CV axle was a little off causing the speed sensor not to read the grooves on the cv axle (although I was very careful to make sure it was) but the speedometer still works (I'm assuming that the speed sensor tells the car how fast it's going). So I'm wondering what would cause this? Theoretically, all of these sensors could be triggered if I started the car while it was jacked up with the speed sensor unbolted from the steering knuckle and the and the brake caliper unbolted from the steering knuckle as well. Do I need to somehow reset all of these warning lights or is there something wrong. The car appears to drive just fine...it goes...it stops...if I slam on the brakes, it comes to a screaching halt

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!
    i would start by disconnecting the 12v negative for a few minutes.

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I recommend just reading out the trouble codes, as you would normally do if you weren't trying to guess first, and then go from there.

Skibob likes this.
  4. DeliveringSmiles

DeliveringSmiles Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I slammed a curb and broke both driver side rims/tires and bent the front strut. After replacing all of that the VSC,ABS,TPMS lights all on. Also the cruise control stopped working and when I brake, the regenerative braking system only moves up 1 or 2 bars...not the full line like before. The front wheel sensor wiring was also frayed thru so I replaced that and the strut only. I hope some answers this question. I did find several used spindle/knuckle assys used on ebay and am considering going that route since the knuckle could be bent w/o me knowing. It does pull to the right a bit too.